Veterinary Purchasing Co. Ltd. (VP) located in St. Marys, Ontario, is the largest supplier of Veterinary products in Ontario and is currently looking to add a dynamic individual to join our Executive Services team for a permanent full-time position of:
Our group of dedicated Practice Consultant’s is currently restructuring our offerings to be even more robust and meet the needs of our member practices. We are looking for like minded individuals who are passionate about the veterinary industry to join our team.
About our team:
Veterinary Purchasing has been a trusted name in the veterinary community for nearly 50 years. You will know us for fulfilling a wide array of distribution needs for our member practices, but did you know in addition to distribution, we also have a team of Practice Consultants that supports our member practices business needs in a wide array of topics as well? The Executive Services team has offered consulting support in areas such as Business Strategy, Marketing, E-Commerce, Inventory, Communication, Team Building and more. Working one on one with member practices, veterinarians, and management, we craft an appropriate plan to help support them in their areas of need. It is important to note that VP does not have sales targets, therefore our purpose is solely for the service and benefit of our members' practices.
About the role:
In this role, you will meet with practices both in person, by phone and virtually to build relationships and understand member needs in order to best direct them within our team for support. You will be responsible for building and fostering these relationships as part of a new Member Management Program member practices.
- Work with member practices to develop and implement individual business strategies to support their practice
- Follows up regularly to monitor progress, suggest improvements, and remove obstacles where possible
- Facilitate workshops and team training in individual area of specialty
- Communications/customer service support as needed
- Document practice visits, keep up-to-date records for the team to refer to
- Special projects as required
Health & Safety:
- Works in compliance with the Occupational Health & Safety Act
- Conducts self with regard for safety of employees and member practices;
- Reports any health & safety violations or hazards to your supervisor
What you will need to succeed:
- 5 years of direct experience in the veterinary field
- Excellent facilitation/presentation skills
- Exceptional customer service skills
- Excellent written/oral communication skills
- Extensive experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals
- Excellent problem solving and decision making
- Able to multitask and move from day to day-operational activities to planning level activities as required
- Ability to work both independently as well as contribute to team development and growth
- Ability to travel/drive across Ontario as needed
Salary is commensurate with experience.
Why Choose VP:
- 100% Employer paid Health and Dental Benefits
- RRSP Top-up Program
- Pension Plan
- Competitive Salary
How to Apply:
Please apply online with your cover letter and resume at: https://www.vpcl.on.ca/about-us/careers/
Application Deadline: 5:00 p.m. Friday December 3, 2021
As a condition of employment, successful applicants must be able provide proof of vaccination against COVID-19 and As part our selection process, successful applicants will also be required to complete a criminal background check.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those chosen for an interview will be acknowledged. No phone calls please.
Veterinary Purchasing Company Ltd. is committed to employment equity and welcomes diversity. In addition, Veterinary Purchasing Company Ltd. encourages applications from all qualified individuals including persons with disabilities, Aboriginal persons, women, and members of visible minorities.
Veterinary Purchasing Company Ltd. provides accommodations to applicants with disabilities throughout the hiring process. If you require accommodations to complete an application, please contact Human Resources email@example.com or call 519-284-1371 ext. 256 and we will work with you to meet your accommodation needs.