At Ceva, we believe in preserving the vital bond between humans and animals. We strive to find innovative solutions that improve animal health and productivity while respecting animal welfare and supporting biodiversity. Together, we are building a new reference to create value beyond animal health.
Ceva Animal Health has been the fastest growing global animal healthcare company since our creation in 1999. Our expertise is focused on the research, development, production and marketing of pharmaceutical products and vaccines for the companion animal, poultry, ruminants and swine sectors. Although we have grown to become a global company, we’ve managed to retain the entrepreneurial spirit and dynamism of a small to medium-sized enterprise. From our unique ownership structure to the way our people provide service to customers, we are together, beyond animal health.
Here in Canada, we are growing and looking to add team members that embody our corporate values and objectives. When you work here, you’ll have the opportunity to create something new and work with a passionate team that is focused on providing innovative solutions for our customers.
About the Position
We are currently seeking a Veterinary Services Manager for our Swine team to work with our clients in Eastern Ontario and Quebec. The successful candidate will lead a cohesive and high-performance product development and commercialization strategy, will establish and lead a technical services function and collaborate with/manage the existing sales representatives and distribution to advance revenue and earnings by providing timely, expert, technical information regarding the efficacy and credible value of the company’s products.
Support the Research, Development, Sales and Marketing of Autogenous Vaccines, the Genomics Platform and Commercial Vaccines
- Involved in the planning, design and execution of full development strategies for autogenous vaccines, the genomics platform and commercial vaccines.
- The incumbent will collaborate with Global Business Development (BD) to identify acquisitions and technology that is consistent with strategy; conduct valuations and build business cases.
- Coordinate and communicate with internal/external Global R&D and the Science & Investigation Unit to ensure synergy of strategies.
- Provide technical support to veterinarians and producers in collaboration with the Key Account Managers regarding clinical cases, diagnostics, selection of isolates and appropriate use of autogenous biologicals.
- The incumbent will conduct research and development trials with Universities, Vet Clinics and customers designed to promote the use of existing and future products and develop marketing strategy to distribute peer-reviewed results.
- The incumbent will positively interface with industry decision makers, influencers, key academic and scientific leaders in the Canada swine industry to build company reputation.
Support Ceva Solutions
- Provide timely and expert technical support on health management including biosecurity, disease diagnosis, disease intervention, husbandry and the intricacies of swine production to help solve customer problems.
- Demonstrate excellence in business acumen by developing and executing a strategic account business plan for assigned accounts with the Key Account Manager that will meet sales objectives.
- Prepare and deliver technical presentations at local and international meetings that support customers and Ceva’s business objectives.
- Attend professional organization and veterinary meetings to strengthen expertise and network.
- Foster strong working relationships with key opinion leaders, universities, associations and industry organizations.
- Dedicate time to sharpening and acquiring skills that will enhance personal development and Ceva technical excellence.
- You are an innovative thinker with an entrepreneurial mindset
- You have a knack for analyzing data, to design, organize and carry-on trials using a scientific approach.
- You have a flair for performing research and analysis on innovations or novelties.
- You have demonstrated knowledge and understanding of the customer's organizational structure, value drivers, products and services, financial situations and competitive market positions.
- You are a people person. You enjoy connecting with others and you demonstrate emotional intelligence, active listening and managing doubt to share and support Ceva’s vision while adapting to the public.
- You are an innovator, planner, good at prioritizing, can execute project plans and close the work to achieve goals and meet specific success criteria at the milestones.
- You have a Doctor of Veterinary Degree (DVM or VMD) with a minimum of four years’ experience in the swine industry.
- You have an Advanced Degree (MS or PhD) preferred in production medicine or Master of Science in Biology, Microbiology, Immunology, Molecular Biology and/or Virology, would be an asset.
- You have at least 10+ years industry experience in practice, swine production systems, academia or vaccine development.
- You have a proficiency in Microsoft Office (PowerPoint, Excel and Word), DMAIC principles and statistical analysis.
- You have experience in vaccine licensure process through CFIA and VDD.
- Ideally, you have experience working with Autogenous vaccines and the changing technologies in the Autogenous vaccine world.
Ceva Animal Health - Canada is committed to accommodating any applicant with a disability, as required by law, during the recruitment, assessment and selection process. Please notify us if you require accommodation
We are an equal opportunity employer and consider all qualified applicants equally without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, or disability status.