Position Type: Full Time
Start date: ASAP
The role of the Sales Professional is to create demand and secure sales by delivering and demonstrating the value of Elanco products to our customers. The Sales Professional effectively manages a territory through yearly action planning, account planning, effective expense management and appropriate communications consistent with Elanco's marketing and sales objectives. Sales territory contacts may consist of one or more of the following types of customers: veterinarians, animal health technicians, veterinary support staff and veterinary business managers.
Sales Professionals are held accountable for delivering sales results, implementing agreed strategies and plans, and maintaining and growing Elanco market share across the product portfolio while aligned to Elanco’s cultural pillars.
Functions, Duties, Tasks:
- Analyzes and leverages territory data to accomplish Territory objectives. Works with Key Account Manager and District Sales Manager to develop sales plans and implement sales cycle tactics, increasing penetration and sales dollars of all Elanco products.
- Call on and generate demand with identified accounts and influencers;
- Develop solid business partnerships/relationships with customers and develop an understanding of customer needs by expanding their product knowledge to enhance services and assist Customers in growing their business;
- Conducts both virtual and in-clinic meetings, training sessions, seminars, dinner meetings and other value added services, meeting all sales force excellence metrics.
- Implement and execute marketing programs and customer initiatives;
- Leverage financial, institutional, and marketing resources;
- Meet Sales Force Excellence metrics
- Exhibits Technically proficiency for all Elanco products and be knowledgeable about competitive products in regional market;
- Demonstrates trade-show etiquette and participates in exhibitions and Company meetings, as required. Engages show attendees, and represents the Company in a professional manner.
- Manage account forecasts/projections, sales budgets, expenses and promotional budgets and tracks expenses to control costs and operate within targeted goals;
- Disciplined reporting of all call reports, territory intelligence and customer information within designed CRM.
- Responsible for reporting any Suspected Adverse Events (sAEs) to the Pharmacovigilance Team.
Minimum Qualification (education, experience and/or training, required certifications):
- University Degree, preferred Science or Business; Animal Health Technician Diploma, or equivalent work experience.
- 2 years sales experience or a minimum of one year of Elanco experience, or animal health industry experience.
- Passion for animal health business
- Strong business acumen and results driven
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to effectively present information to a variety of audiences and respond to questions
- Good influence and leadership Skills
- Strong learning agility
- Organizational and implementation skills
- Ability to work independently. Ability to set priorities, manage multiple tasks and remain focused.
- Personal accountability with high initiative and sound work ethics
- Knowledge of PC package tools, including but not limited to: word-processing (Word), Spreadsheets (Excel) and Presentations (PowerPoint).
- Bilingualism (English/French) may be required depending on the territory
- Some overnight travel will be required, amount determined by territory
- Valid driver operator license in the province where the role is located.
- Significant field time, 4 days per week on territory, including overnights as required
- Expect travel to vary by region and time of year
Elanco is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status
How to apply? Click here.