Veterinary Purchasing Co. Ltd. (VP) located in St. Marys, Ontario, is the largest Veterinary Supplier in Ontario and is currently looking to add a dynamic individual within our Purchasing Department for the full time position of:
Reporting directly to the CEO, this individual will be responsible to plan, direct, and coordinate the activities of the purchasing agents, to ensure adequate inventory levels, obtain optimum pricing from suppliers, ensure product quality, and provide excellent customer service to our member clinics. The successful candidate will have excellent organizational skills, a strong attention to detail and a service first mentality.
- Manage, train and evaluate purchasing, staff
- Source and evaluate suppliers and product with respect to quality, pricing, availability and terms of sale
- Regularly assess and adjust inventory levels based on market conditions and demand
- Ensure flow of pertinent new product information across all departments
- Oversee the resolution of supplier issues such as back orders and insufficient product received
- Understand and follow all applicable Standard Operating Procedures as required
- Other duties as assigned
The successful Candidate should have…
- Exceptional customer service skills
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and organizational skills
- Strong problem-solving and critical thinking skills
- Knowledge of the Veterinary Industry an asset
- Ability to adapt and learn new software
- Ability to work efficiently as part of a team as well as independently
- University degree in Business or equivalent experience
- Minimum five years in a Management role with a focus on Customer Experience
- Strong Microsoft office skills
Salary is commensurate with experience. Please apply online with your cover letter indicating salary expectation and resume no later than 5:00pm on Friday, June 5th, 2020.
Veterinary Purchasing Company Ltd. Is committed to employment equity, and welcomes diversity. If you require accommodations during the recruitment process, please contact Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 519-284-1371 ext. 279 and we will work with you to meet your accommodation needs.
Only those selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls please.