Director of Research and Development
Company: Group Lock representing an emerging animal health company
Location: Laval, QC
Posting Date: October 9, 2019
Closing Date: October 31, 2019
Our client is an emerging animal health company and they are seeking a dynamic and hands-on Director of Research and Development who will be responsible for the management and delivery of a portfolio of products.
- Develop and manage the company’s research and development program from basic to clinical and applied research to meet the company’s strategic objectives;
- Build and manage the research team in order to execute the program;
- Implement and manage a product development process concluding in products ready for commercial launch;
- Ensure all studies required for regulatory purposes are completed on time and with the quality and completeness required by the various regulatory bodies;
- Lead the company’s regulatory and IP efforts;
- Develop and manage departmental budgets including third-party contracts;
- Responsible for the choice of and the work of external research collaborators;
- Provide scientific leadership to the organization including managing research stakeholder relations and attending and speaking at industry engagement to ensure the company is seen as a leader;
- Stay current with product trends and research trends impacting product development.
- Minimum 5 years relevant experience leading a commercially focused animal health research and development program;
- Minimum of a master’s degree in microbiology, mammalian physiology, animal nutrition or similar;
- Experience and familiarity with fermentation manufacturing and/or GMP facilities;
- Knowledge or experience in regulatory affairs pertaining animal health care products;
- Excellent management, financial and organizational skills. Solid and positive experience managing scientific teams and third-party scientists;
- Must be able to work extended hours;
- Ability to travel;
- Valid Driver's License.
If you are interested in this opportunity, please submit your resume to Céline Chabée at email@example.com.
Only qualified candidates will be contacted.