Job Title: Product Manager
Business Unit: Dechra Veterinary Products, Inc. (Canada)
Job Family: Sales & Marketing
Reports To: Marketing Manager
Location: Pointe Claire, Quebec
Job Type: Full Time
Dechra is an international specialist veterinary pharmaceuticals products business. Our expertise is in the development, manufacture, and sales and marketing of high quality products exclusively for veterinarians worldwide.
Essential Functions & Responsibilities
- Manage all aspects of product line(s) as assigned. Activities to include SKU management, competitive intelligence research, promotional strategies, sales team training, collateral materials development, advertising and other activities to meet or exceed Company goals and objectives.
- Seek feedback from sales team to identify optimal collateral or educational material. This will include travelling with sales team members to directly interact with customers.
- Develop a deep understanding of the customer and how customers (veterinarians, producers and pet owners) utilize product(s) and what information or product modifications they need to remove barriers to the use of product(s).
- Coordinate development of Market Research to identify opportunities for increased penetration and growth of existing products, including competitor analysis.
- Monitor competitive environment to develop marketing and product development strategies to gain market share.
- Develop, coordinate and measure effectiveness of advertising and promotional strategies.
- Contribute to the company website and other digital activities.
- Identify, propose and manage the launch of new products that are a strategic fit to the product line being managed and/or to the Company as a whole.
- Prepare and manage marketing budget to ensure financial targets are met.
- Attend, and help coordinate and gain value from, key national and regional veterinary conferences.
- Build and maintain strong relationships with key veterinarians and opinion leaders
- All other duties as assigned.